Monday, March 17, 2014

Mind, Body & Soul Monday - Healing Places


We all heal from the inside and certain outside locations can help the process. Today I want to mention where and why these places are actually necessary for healing the mind and the body.
I wrote this down in a notebook from a tumblr post i found along time ago. All the credit in the world to whoever wrote this, you are amazing, i thank you and credit you <3

At the moment feel like I'm at a cross roads in my life, I'm 23 I'm not sure what I'm doing or where I'm going, all i know is i want to be rich and famous! Only kidding! I don't know what I'm looking for, i haven't had the best three years and i need to find myself again. Work wise, relationship wise, life in general. I'm just lost. Tell me I'm not the only one who has been in this awful place? How did you heal?


These places are proven to help the healing process, whatever reason behind what you feel i suggest everyone try this.

Ocean - They say waves remind us they are reliable patterns like our breathe and the negative ions in the air can actually change our brain waves!

Rocks - Have you ever sat on a big rock somewhere? Over the water? On a cliff? Rocks remind us that growth and change can be microscopic but result in something solid.

Waterfalls - They say watching waterfalls speak of consistency and power!

Gardens - Beautiful things grow, as do situations and things in our life.

The Top Of Cliffs And Hills - Overlooking from a high place shows us tiny things, cars, buildings, people and by that we gain perspective.

Does sitting in front of the water give anyone else that calm feeling? I personally love to sit in front of water at night, i find something so soothing about it! I wish i could find a waterfall as easy as i would like but for now watching the waves crash on the beach make me forget about the bad in my life, help me think clearly to plan whats forward and really just remind me to appriciate all the good in life.

Does anybody else find these places relaxing or healing? Do you have a place to escape? 

Dani xo

15 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you're going through. For me, I know where I want my life to go - but it's getting there that I am so unsure about. Personally, I love to listen to the rain. Its seriously so calming to me, and relaxes my brain. I think we all just need to go with the flow in terms of life in general - I truly believe everything happens for a reason, and if you're a good person (which I know you are), everything will turn out exactly as you wish it too. And if you ever feel you need to talk, you know where I am boo <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh the sound of rain! How did i even leave that out... That sound helps me sleep when I'm anxious, isn't it funny how that stuff works! Ah getting there is always the hard part! Thats what I'm struggling with! I never asked, what do you study at uni? Your a good person too bebe, i feel like connection hahaha holding you to max brenner!

      Delete
    2. Hehe, I'm studying Communications actually, majoring in PR. Probably why I love blogging so much, my whole degree is based around writing and talking. Did you study? It's hard because I know exactly what I want to do with it, but it's going to be tough road.. Trying to be positive about it, hopefully it won't be as bad as I think it is :/ HAHA connection, and yes for sure max brenner! just casually, you made me crave it so bad today!

      Delete
    3. Thats so good bebe! I want to do PR, but i dont even know what i would do if i did it! I only study Mortgage Brokering and did my Napolien Perdis Cert! Dw darl you will be fine, your good at writing, your good at talking you will be amazing! Hahaha oh dont start me on the brenner, i fought myself all day not to have it at lunch because i knew if i did and went back to work the food coma would not let me work haha

      Delete
    4. Wow Napoleon Perdis Cert.! Good job girl, haha the two opposite sides of the spectrum! I think we're all going to be fine, I love how we're all sticking together. It's a great support system to have esp. if you're friends and family don't get it!

      Delete
    5. I feel that, but you do good you get good right? Eventually.. I hope! Hahaha bloggers united. They need a school for us, how to save money and not buy beauty prods and invest in some clothes hahahaha. Napoleon was so good but then i got an office job and i kind of got stuck, hopefully i can crawl my way back in somewhere!

      Delete
    6. That's it! It's pretty good actually, because really you're qualified in so many different fields - never be out of a job <3 HAHAH AGREED omg we should start said school. We could have a special beauty bloggers course - with max Brenner café in the school..

      Delete
    7. Sadly its not as easy as i would like! Oh my dont even do this to me, im tempted once again to go on my break!!!!!

      Delete
    8. HAHA just imagine though...

      Delete
  2. I love to just float in the ocean, and make myself be entirely present in the moment, looking up at the sun, and just letting my body roll with the water. Weightless in body and mind. And quarter life crisis' are pretty common these days - at 25 I felt like I had come to a dead end and had no idea what to do. Just keep chugging through, you'll find what you're looking for.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh i love that feeling too! Its so peaceful! Oh quarter life crisis it is, and its a bad ass one i will tell you that, i feel like I'm in a walled room with no where to go and I'm trying to break my way out, its just taking a little longer than i though, with every aspect of my life sadly but thank you so much! Im glad you found everything you wanted, and hopefully this new job of yours is icing on the cake! xx

      Delete
    2. A quote that kept me going during the process is "Keep going - remember why you started." - it puts it all into perspective when you're feeling a bit over it. Just be patient, and don't forget that you're still young, you can always start fresh again. Sometimes I wonder what the point of life is when sometimes all there is is struggle..seems utterly pointless really! You should do #100happydays with me ! xo

      Delete
    3. Such a good quote! Yeah patients is the key, its taking me a little longer than i though im stuck in a bad places but im trying to start fresh and when i do i know it will be worth it! Oh my how do we do 100 happy days? Im in!

      Delete
    4. Check out my post - http://thegoodlifeandstyle.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/life-100happydays.html
      :) xo

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete